When you’re a US Citizen or a Green Card Holder, you may claim the stimulus check wherever you are as long as you’re eligible and you’re filing US Taxes (or planning to file them).

You’re eligible for stimulus checks as an expat if:

U.S. residents will receive the Economic Impact Payment of $1,200 for individual or head of household filers, and $2,400 for married filing jointly if they are not a dependent of another taxpayer and have an eligible Social Security number with adjusted gross income up to:

– $75,000 for individuals

– $112,500 for head of household filers

– $150,000 for married couples filing joint returns

Taxpayers will receive a reduced payment if their adjusted gross income is over $75,000.


Learn more about Stimulus checks in our expat guide.

Was this Article helpful?

Log In to get in touch with our Support Team

Help Center Topics



Tax Center

Resources & Guides

Related Articles

Search FAQs