If you are receiving alimony, it may be considered income and it is taxable by the IRS. On the other hand, if you are the one paying alimony you can deduct it from your tax return. Whether your ex-spouse is a US citizen or not is not important.

Was this Article helpful?

Log In to get in touch with our Support Team

Help Center Topics



Tax Center

Resources & Guides

Related Articles

Search FAQs