FBAR | File US Taxes From Abroad


By loading the video, you agree to YouTube’s privacy policy.
Learn more

Load video

The FBAR (Foreign Bank Account Report) is essentially a form that you as a US American abroad may be required to fill out if you have a foreign bank account (or any other financial accounts) established overseas. This is especially so if you have a certain amount of money in these foreign accounts that exceeded a certain limit.

You won’t be taxed on your foreign bank account because of this specific form. The FBAR is not a tax calculation form, but purely informational for US authorities. Whether you need to file an FBAR form or not depends on how much money you have each calendar year.

At MyExpatTaxes, our all-in-one software allows you to file the FBAR, and all the other forms required for your US Expat Tax return.

Was this Article helpful?

Log In to get in touch with our Support Team

Help Center Topics

Related Articles

Search FAQs