The short answer is, yes – you can still claim stimulus checks if you’ve missed the deadline – and if you’re eligible.
You’re eligible for stimulus payments if:
U.S. residents will receive the Economic Impact Payment of $1,200 for individual or head of household filers, and $2,400 for married filing jointly if they are not a dependent of another taxpayer and have an eligible Social Security number with adjusted gross income up to:
– $75,000 for individuals
– $112,500 for head of household filers
– $150,000 for married couples filing jointlyIRS.gov
Also, you would need to consider few things: Are you filing your taxes regularly? (Your last filing is 2019).
If YES, did you file your 2020 US Tax return?
- If another “YES”, you may file for an amendment and claim the stimulus as recovery rebate.
- If “NO”, you can just file a regular 2020 return and claim the stimulus as a recovery rebate credit.
If “NO”, when was your last filing?
- If it’s more than 3 years, you may still be able to claim it by filing under the Streamline Program.
- If it’s less than 3 years, you may just file a return for the years you’re required to file.