If you have not formally renounced your Green Card, you are still considered a Resident Alien for tax purposes and are required to file a US tax return to report your worldwide income. Your Green Card only expires for immigration purposes, not taxation.

Was this Article helpful?

Log In to get in touch with our Support Team

Help Center Topics

Related Articles

Search FAQs