If your spouse is not a US citizen or Green Card holder, then he/she does not need to be included on your tax return. Instead, you should file as “Married Filing Separately” or “Head of Household” – depending on your family situation. Learn more about each tax profile and filing thresholds in our expat guide.

Was this Article helpful?

Log In to get in touch with our Support Team

Help Center Topics

Related Articles

Search FAQs